Tender-hearted heroes are so important to me.
Heroes that are soft-spoken and kind, that want nothing more than to take care of everyone.
Heroes that are sweet and good, that always leave folks smiling in their wake.
Heroes that see good in everyone, who want to be good to everyone.
Heroes that are gentle and compassionate, that wish to share the boundless joy in their hearts with the world.
José Moreno Carbonero - The Conversion of the Duke of Gandia  detail
Is that St Francis Borja???
IT IS hahahahahahaha its so funny and ironical i dont even
(also i forgot to flail in the tags, but i decided to reblog it not because it was juan’s random grandson BUT because of the quality of the art, forgive this oversight etc)
ok this annoys the crap out of me, firstly the font in question costs a fortune, secondly no link to something that can change a persons life as it did mine, so here lemme fix both of those:
Open Source Dyslexia is a FREE font that is designed in a similar fashion as in weighting the letters, it is also being constantly updated, yer welcome
Hi for all of my disability friends, please bookmark opendyslexic this is a really great project! Tell your friends c:
wowie wow maddi is so great
im very gay and you’re very gay and wonderful and everything is wonderful and I’m just. Really happy
my face is doing the smiley thing right now
shhh no go to sleep you’re not supposed to see me being gay til morning
stop that smiley thing shhhh
wowie wow maddi is so great
Julius von Klever (Russian, 1850 -1924)
"Father, do you not see the King of the Alder Trees?
The King with his crown and tail?”
“My dear son, it is just a streak of mist.”
- Goethe (excerpt, my translation), 1782
“Willst, feiner Knabe, du mit mir gehen?
Meine Töchter sollen dich warten schön;
Meine Töchter führen den nächtlichen Reihn,
Und wiegen und tanzen und singen dich ein.”
Recent cool-down: Harajuku Marvels - Carol D. + Kamala K.
I love Marvel and I love Tokyo street fashion so I decided to combine the two and have some fun — and who’s more fun than the fabulous Marvels, Captain and Ms.? Also, this might become a series?
Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939) - 1920’s.
I’ve noticed a lot of people beginning to tag trypophobia lately, and as a sufferer it makes me really happy and I’d like to thank everyone who does this!
Unfortunately, trypophobia is a hard phobia to “get” if you don’t have it. As a result, I see a lot of images tagged by well-meaning bloggers as trypophobia that aren’t triggering at all, and a lot of images that slip right through. So, despite not being an expert on the phobia, I’m going to try and help non-sufferers help sufferers out.
The best possible explanation for something triggering I can come up with is irregular holes- i.e. indentations that aren’t uniform.
Lotus pods (pic is probably quite triggering if you have it, so watch out) are often cited as an example of something a sufferer would make them uncomfortable, and they’re a good example of what the phobia tends to involve: clusters of uneven holes.
Quick list of the kind of stuff that you should tag:
- lotus seed pods
- ant colonies with lots of entrances
- skin diseases, also those frogs that carry their eggs in their skin…
- sponges and barnacles
- stretch marks [thanks for this suggestion, anon!]
- that one post floating around with a view of where the adult teeth are located on a child’s skull
- strawberries [this one could go either way; i know people with trypophobia who hate the seed pattern but I don’t really mind]
- anything with irregular holes; if it reminds you of the above you should probably tag it
Stuff that’s probably not necessary or could be covered under “clusters” or “holes”
- polka dot patterns
- stuff like empty eyes or nostrils
- a single hole/indentation
I’m not an end-all EXPERT on this phobia, so any asks and comments to improve this post are appreciated! Happy blogging and thank you for reading!
WHY DON’T WE EVER TALK ABOUT THIS?!?!?!?
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- I’m loud.
- I’m obnoxious.
- I’m sarcastic.
- I’m cocky.
- I cry easily.
- I have a bad temper.
- I’m easy to get along with.
- I have more enemies than friends.
- I’ve smoked.
- I’ve smoked weed.
- I drink coffee.
- I clean my room daily.
- I wear a piece of jewelry at all times.
- I wear makeup.
- I wear contacts.
- I wear glasses.
- I have braces.
- I change my hair colour often.
- I straighten my hair often.
- I have a piercing.
- I have small feet.
- I’m in a relationship now.
- I’m single.
- I’m always scared of being hurt.
- An ex has physically abused me at least once.
- I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
- I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
- I’ve been in love more than two times.
- I believe in love at first sight.
- I believe lust is more important than love.
- I have a best friend.
- I have at least ten friends.
- I’ve gotten a phone call in the last 48 hours from a friend.
- I’ve beaten up a friend.
- I’ve been in a serious fight with a friend.
- I’ve been on a plane.
- I’ve been on a train.
- Someone close to me has passed away.
- I’ve taken a taxi.
- I’ve taken a city bus.
- I’ve taken a school bus.
- I’ve gone bungee jumping.
- I’ve made a speech.
- I’ve been in some sort of club.
- I’ve won an award.
- I’ve spent 24 Hours on the computer straight.
- I’ve been in a physical fight.
- I listen to R&B.
- I listen to country.
- I listen to pop.
- I listen to techno.
- I listen to rock.
- I’m one of those people who play songs repeatedly until I hate it.
- I hate the radio.
- I download music.
- I buy CD’s.
- I spend at least six hours a day watching television.
- I watch soap operas daily.
- I’m in love with Days of Our Lives.
- I’ve seen and liked the O.C.
- I’ve seen and liked One Tree Hill.
- I’ve seen and liked Americas Next Top Model.
- I’ve seen and liked Popular.
- I’ve seen and liked 24.
- I’ve seen and liked CSI.
- I’ve seen and liked Law & Order: SVU.
- I get along with both of my parents.
- My biological parents are still together.
- I have at least one brother.
- I have at least one sister.
- I have at least one step brother/sister.
- I have at least one half brother/sister.
- I’ve been kicked out of the house.
- I’ve ran away from my home.
- I’ve sworn at my parent(s).
- I’ve made my parents cry.
- I’ve lied to my parents.
- I’ve lied to my parents about where I am.
- I’ve lied to my parents about what I’m doing.
- I’ve lied to my parents so I’d be allowed out.
- I’ve walked out when I’ve been grounded.
- I’ve been brown.
- I’ve had streaks.
- I’ve cut my hair in the past year.
- I’ve dyed my hair in the past year.
- I’ve been blonde
- I’ve had black.
- I’ve been red.
- I’ve been light brown.
- I’ve been blue/green.
- I’ve gotten my hair thinned.
- I use conditioner.
- I’ve used silk therapy.
- I’ve used hot oil treatments.
- I’ve curled my hair.
- I’ve straightened my hair.
- I’ve ironed my hair.
- I’ve braided my hair.
- I’ve yelled at a teacher.
- I’ve been suspended.
- I’ve had an in-school suspension.
- I’ve been sent to the principals office.
- I’ve walked out of class.
- I’ve skipped an entire day of school.
- I’ve skipped a whole month of one certain class.
- I’ve cheated on a test.
- I’ve helped someone else cheat on a test.
- I’ve failed Art.
- I’ve failed P.E.
- I’ve failed math.
- I’ve failed another class.
- A teacher has called my parents